Dear Valued Customer,
At PALFINGER, we are doing our best to monitor the latest local, national and international news about Coronavirus (COVID-19). Like many of you, keeping our valued employees, suppliers, partners and customers safe and healthy is a top priority. PALFINGER is taking steps to continue to operate in a safe manner and are continuing to work daily on our Continuity Plan in these challenging times.
Our facilities remain open
PALFINGER remains open for business at all (17) of its manufacturing, sales & service locations in Canada, the United States and Mexico. “LIFETIME EXCELLENCE” is more than our claim – it also means supporting our customers under any circumstance. If our customers remain willing to work, so do we.
We have, however; implemented the following internal changes:
- Social distancing is in effect at every location.
- We have instituted a “No Handshake” policy.
- We have suspended all participation in conventions, trade shows and large group meetings.
- We have cancelled all PALFINGER University classes and Operator Training classes.
- Employees who can work remotely have been asked to do so.
- Limiting the number of visitors entering our buildings to help avoid the spread of the virus.
- Adhering to all local and national Health & Safety mandates in addition to PALFINGER’s Global Corporate Policies.
- Requesting employees stay home if they are feeling sick.
- We are cleaning each facility thoroughly every night. Additionally, we have purchased extra cleaning supplies and ask that each staff member do their part in disinfecting common areas.
Our Continuity Strategy
Several customers have asked about our continuity strategy.
- Our in-house Service Teams, as well as our Mobile Service Technicians are on duty and available to make any repairs needed to keep your PALFINGER product operational.
- Our Parts Departments are open and shipping parts to keep your equipment up and running during this public crisis. Having your order shipped via courier, instead of picking it up at one of our locations is another way which we can all help avoid the spread of COVID-19.
- To minimize any supply chain disruptions, we are beefing up what is already a substantial commitment to inventory. PALFINGER has a reputation for having a wide available stock of spare parts and product inventory. We are working closely with our multiple vendors to keep our inventories fully stocked.
- New equipment deliveries may be impacted due to border closures, travel restrictions and limited availability of trucks but we are striving to keep everything on schedule and making necessary adjustments to meet your expectations.
- We have also overtime and backup plans in place to ensure we can meet all our shipping and delivery requirements, regardless of any labor shortage issues that may arise.
We apologize if this poses any inconvenience. Our goal is to minimize everyone’s risk of exposure so that we can overcome this pandemic and continue serving you to your satisfaction.
PALFINGER North America Leadership Team
Lennart Brelin | VP Sales & Service NAM
Chris Bivona | VP Human Resources NAM/LATAM
Chris Hacker | VP Operations NAM
Eric Kluver | VP Finance NAM/LATAM
Gustavo Rigon | VP Procurement NAM