Production MIG Welder
The PALFINGER values of People, Entrepreneurship, Respect and Learning are more than words. We strive every day to create and support an atmosphere of collaboration, transparency, empowerment and customer focus so our greatest assets, our people, will be able to harness their passion, drive and motivation to make a big impact!
As an international group, PALFINGER offers its customers worldwide hydraulic lifting solutions at the interfaces of the transport chain. At the moment, PALFINGER operates business in 16 sectors: loader cranes, EPSILON timber and recycling cranes, marine cranes, davit systems, winches and offshore equipment, offshore cranes, boats, wind cranes, hooklifts, access platforms, tail lifts, passenger lifts, mobile cranes, truck bodies, railway systems, and truck-mounted forklifts as well as attachments and equipment for increasing crane efficiency. As a member of the PALFINGER North America Region, PALFINGER continuously pursues our vision of being the preferred provider of truck equipment throughout North and Latin America.
PALFINGER is actively searching for welders to fill 1st shift positions producing the best truck equipment in the world from our safe, modern, clean facility by Lake Manawa. We are located at 3501 South 11th Street in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
$19.50/hour-start, $23.00/hour after internal weld certifications are passed, and $25.00/hour-regular rate at one year anniversary or sooner, depending upon the performance of job duties.
6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, as needed.
The MIG welder will be responsible for correctly, safely, and efficiently welding parts per print or specification. This role reports to the Production Supervisor, offering a competitive compensation package and opportunity for ongoing career growth.
- MIG welding skills: Weld 1/8 – 1/4 fillet bead joining two or more pieces of material ranging from 20 gauge to 1/2” thickness of Galvanneal, galvanized or mild (hot rolled) steel. Adjust and set the MIG welder to make such a fillet bead
- Maintain productivity levels consistent with the requirements for the specific part or assembly
- Report to work timely and regularly as scheduled and within company attendance policy requirements
- Use and read a tape measure to 1/32 inch and able to convert decimals to fractions and read prints, specifications and use basic hand tools for welding layout work
- Inspections-receiving, in-process, final, dock audit
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-2 years of welding experience
- Must successfully pass basic MIG written and practical weld test before hire
- Work safely following safety rules and use the required safety equipment
- Able to bend, reach, push, pull and put parts into positions for welding
- Able to lift 60 lbs. frequently and 100 lbs. occasionally from a floor or bench level to a welding table or fixture
- Excellent work attendance required
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits at affordable cost
- Laundered uniforms provided at ZERO cost to employees
- Vacation and paid holidays
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- First-shift, full-time hourly work in a clean, modern facility