General Assembler — Service Cranes, Liftgates, and Truck Bodies
The PALFINGER values of People, Entrepreneurship, Respect and Learning are more than words. We strive daily to create and support an atmosphere of collaboration, transparency, empowerment and customer focus so our greatest assets, our people, can harness their passion, drive and motivation to make a significant impact!
As an international group, PALFINGER offers its customers worldwide hydraulic lifting solutions at the interfaces of the transport chain. At the moment, PALFINGER operates business in 16 sectors: loader cranes, EPSILON timber and recycling cranes, marine cranes, davit systems, winches and offshore equipment, offshore cranes, boats, wind cranes, hooklifts, access platforms, tail lifts, passenger lifts, mobile cranes, truck bodies, railway systems, and truck-mounted forklifts as well as attachments and equipment for increasing crane efficiency. As a member of the PALFINGER North America Region, PALFINGER continuously pursues our vision of being the preferred provider of truck equipment throughout North and Latin America.
PALFINGER is actively searching for candidates familiar with production assembly to fill 1st shift positions producing the best truck equipment in the world from our safe, modern, clean facility by Lake Manawa. We are located at 3501 South 11th Street in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
$18.95 hour-start, $21.00 hour-regular rate at one year anniversary.
6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, as needed.
The General Assembler will perform general/final assembly on utility truck bodies, cranes, and liftgates to meet manufacturing needs. This position reports to the Production Supervisor, offering a competitive compensation package and opportunity for ongoing career growth.
- Perform general and final assembly on utility truck bodies, cranes and liftgates
- Willingness and ability to work in a hot/cold working environment
- Use of hands/fingers to feel or handle equipment/power tools
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Team Player and “can do” attitude
- Act professionally in all situations
- Must be able to periodically lift 10-50 pounds and can operate hoist equipment for heavy lifting
- Mechanically inclined and previous experience in using power tools is a must
- Ability to work a full shift in a hot and/or cold industrial manufacturing environment
- Responsibilities may be repetitive in nature
- Stand, walk, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl and sit
- Pushing or pulling various weight
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits at affordable cost
- Laundered uniforms provided at ZERO cost to employees
- Vacation and paid holidays
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- First-shift, full-time hourly work in a clean, modern facility