Data Engineer (f/m/d)
PALFINGER provides innovative, reliable and economic lifting solutions in the land and maritime sector. To strengthen our Team in Salzburg/Vienna we are looking for a Data Engineer (f/m/d).
The corporate Vision & Strategy 2030 enables PALFINGER to focus on fully integrated lifting solutions enabled by digitalization with hard- and software from one single source. The Global PALFINGER Organization (GPO) is complemented with a new dedicated Digital Product Line (DPL): close cooperation with product line management & engineering (PLM&E), sales & service, process & quality management (PQM), corporate ICT and the Incubator P21st is anticipated.
The DPL’s mission is to offer digital products & services that complement PALFINGER's existing world-class lifting solutions. Therefore, the DPL is accountable for the entire digital product life cycle which includes in-depth understanding of customer needs derived from jobs-to-be-done. New revenue streams via data-driven business models are pursued.
We are searching for a cloud-native Data Engineer that complements our expert team of data / cloud / AI/ML engineers & data scientists. Within the competence team you will be responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining data architecture and pipelines to ensure a smooth operation. The role’s focus is to work closely with PALFINGER’s experts from R&D, Product Line Management as well as corporate ICT to understand data requirements and ensure data quality and accuracy. We’re looking for a communicative, dynamic & self-reliant person whose expertise lies within data engineering in conjunction with the love for finding new technical solutions within a dynamic environment.
- Design, build and maintain data provisioning for data analytics processes
- Develop and maintain data acquisition from various sources (Cloud Storage, Line-of-Business applications like ERP/CRM, Databases, internal and external APIs, …)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data needs and requirements
- Definition / documentation of data structures / data models / data lifecycle management
- Implementation of Data Visualization, Reports, Dashboards
- Deploy and maintain cloud-based data services to handle structured and unstructured data
- Optimize data storage and retrieval processes for efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipelines and infrastructure to ensure smooth operations; (in the sense of 2nd/3rd level support)
- Execute data transformation tasks and create and maintain a data catalogue
Data operations & data science architecture
- Actively shape/contribute the corporate data strategy together with your colleagues
- Manage the meta-data / data catalogs for data analytics
- Develop and implement ML-Ops processes aligned with CRISP-DM
- Ensure data understanding & validate the existing data quality
- Help the organization make better use of its data assets
- Profound completed education in a technical field (engineering, computer science, business informatics or comparable)
- Good knowledge and experience with cloud services (Storage, Databases, Data Factory, Data Lake) and programming languages (Python, Java or Powershell)
- Good knowledge and experience with data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from multiple sources
- Good Knowledge and experience with data-modeling and -Design skills to create efficient and effective data structures (Parquet, XML, JSON etc.)
- Knowledge working with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Hive, as well as knowledge of distributed computing and parallel processing as an advantage
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code (Azure Bicep, Terraform), data warehousing concepts (e.g. Azure Synapse) and agile process models (SCRUM) as an advantage
- High level of independence and good self-organization
- Communication strength, quality awareness, and team player mentality
- Fluent in English and negotiation skills in international business environment
- Good work-life-Balance thanks to flexible working hours
- Performance-related payment and attractive bonus systems
- Career planning and development opportunities
- Ongoing further training
- Voluntary social benefits through our PALfit company health management system
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Minimum gross salary according to Austrian metal industry collective agreement is EUR 46.346,72 per year. We are willing to overpay according to training and qualification. We are looking forward to your informative application including salary expectations and a possible entry date.
We are looking forward to your application including CV and motivation letter!
Company mobile phone (function related)
Flexible Working Hours
Good transport connection
Mobile working (function related)
Car Sharing Initiative